Top 10 Features Families Look for in Vacation Rentals
Purchasing a condo or home along the Gulf Coast to serve as a vacation rental is a big leap. Here at Southern, we want to make sure you understand all that goes into choosing the right investment property before you take action. Our marketing team and revenue managers are constantly looking at trends and surveying guests to get the inside scoop of what they expect in a vacation rental. Families tend to gravitate towards properties with certain characteristics in hopes to make the most of their stay.
All guests search for a memorable getaway full of excitement, relaxation, and gorgeous surroundings. There are ways to make that achievable for families who visit based on characteristics you include within your property. So, during the process of finding your new investment property, consider these 10 features families look for in vacation rentals. Having all of them might be tricky but having at least a couple of these will make your property stand out.
- Amenities – Of course, complex amenities such as a community pool are a plus, but even including board games within your condo or home could serve as an amazing amenity for families.
- Local Information – Our website includes a Gulf Coast Guide and Southern Perks for guests to take advantage of. This also helps them become more familiar with the area.
- Linens & Towels – Our Clean Coverlet Program has been a huge success in providing clean, sanitized, and comfortable linens and towels in each of our rentals.
- What to Bring – Each one of our property listings on SouthernResorts.com includes a “What to Bring” section. This ensures your guest will have everything they need during their stay.
- Proximity – Choosing a property close to area excitement is always a good idea. People like to get out and experience all the community that they are visiting has to offer.
- Technology Upgrades – This could be anything from having Smart TVs to Keyless Locks. People enjoy the options and convenience that technology upgrades provide for their families.
- Full Kitchen – Making snacks for the beach and maybe even a home-cooked meal is essential when families travel to the Coast. Having a full kitchen with pots, pans, and the proper equipment is very important.
- Pet Friendly – There is a lot to consider when making your property pet-friendly, but if you are open to hosting a guest’s furry family member, it can truly make you stand out among the rest.
- Washer/Dryer – No one likes doing laundry from the beach when they get home. Everything is sandy and salty, and having a washer and dryer unit in your rental will make family’s lives much easier.
- Outdoor Space Such As Balcony or Patio – People want to spend time outside while visiting. Having a private balcony or patio for guests to enjoy the Coastal weather is a big plus.
We hope you find this helpful when beginning your search for your new investment property. For questions, please contact our team today!
Leave A Comment